Shop Foreman / Lead Diesel Mechanic - NY Dept. of Corrections- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: May 21, 2023
First Transit is hiring a Lead Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving NY Dept. of Corrections! First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation
contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have
supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around
expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today,
we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million
passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states,
Puerto Rico and Canada. First Transit is proud to offer:
- $38.75 to $40 / hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT
- ASE certification bonus is $.20 cents per hour for each ASE
Certification passed or currently held
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide.
- A great work environment!About the Lead Diesel Mechanic
Position As a Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman at First
Transit, you ll schedule and perform fleet maintenance, diagnose
and troubleshoot complex problems, and maintain service records for
our customers vehicles. Other job duties as a Lead Fleet Technician
- Supervise technicians in the shop.
- Generate computerized work orders and track progress through
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to
effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take
action to improve as needed.Qualifications for Lead Diesel
Technician / Shop Foreman
- A valid driver s license is required.
- CDL B with Passenger and Air Brake endorsements is highly
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or a combination of technical school education &
- Previous experience in a lead technician, supervisor, or other
- Possess a mechanic s tool set
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to obtain ASE certifications while employed
(company training, testing, and bonuses provided!).
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR
Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including
marijuana, for any reason.Apply today and get your career on the
road with First Transit! First Transit has been purchased by
Transdev and will be the employer for this job posting. We are the
leading integrator and operator of multiple modes of
transportation. With a combined presence in 43 US states, plus DC
and Puerto Rico, we have lots of opportunities for growth! You can
find additional job opportunities and locations directly at
www.transdevNA.jobs. We aspire to have a culture where all people
are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce
therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free
workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or
Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity
employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive
culture that supports future growth for all.
Keywords: First Group, Danbury , Shop Foreman / Lead Diesel Mechanic - NY Dept. of Corrections- First Group, Engineering , Wallkill, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...