Design And Development Engineer
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Arcmed Group - www.arcmedgroup.com - is a U.S. based
manufacturer of fluidic components for the scientific, life
sciences, and medical markets (specialty valves and pumps,
manifolds, probes and tubing and fitting assemblies). Arcmed is a
subsidiary of Halma International Limited (www.halma.com ) and
operates worldwide, including two facilities in Danbury, Ct. This
is a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization where all employees
perform multiple roles to make Arcmed Group successful.Arcmed seeks
a Design and Development Engineer to undertake manifold development
engineering work. This role will manage the development of complex
diffusion bonded machined plastic manifolds, through the cost
estimating, design and production transfer process. Additionally
responsible for establishing manufacturing methods, tooling and
fixturing for new product introductions. --- Tender study,
technical solutions proposal, quotation --- Project management,
team coordination, client and supplier relationships ---
Participation in the development phaseResponsibilities
- Support Application Engineering in analyzing product design,
manufacturability and cost estimating for complex manifold
development during the quote process.
- Create manifold fabrication layers out of 3D models to prepare
for CNC programming.
- Perform detailed analysis of the component parts
configuration/dimensions for production with a focus on DFM.
- Support the CAM (Mastercam) process validation.
- Provide technical product design on the material properties as
the machining process is being developed.
- Ensure design requirements are clearly defined to customers and
production team with thorough documentation and tolerancing.
- Ownership of manifold prototype development.
- Project manage design transfer for new product introductions,
ensuring clean transition from development to operations.
- Manage development of manifold final assembly tester for
- Provide troubleshooting support for CNC machinists/operators,
inspectors, manufacturing engineering and quality.
- Design / Develop bonding process requirements during
development and establish clear, accurate, process
- Ensure accurate engineering/inspection data for production
transfer.Requirements / Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent
- CNC programming and machining experience is a plus
- Experience in Mastercam is a plus
- Knowledge of polymers and engineered Plastics processing
- Strong understanding of fluid mechanics and design. Experience
with fluidic manifolds a plus.
- Experience with pressure & flow testing desired.
- 3D modeling experience required (SolidWorks a plus)
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Operating in a highly regulated industry (FDA, FAA for
- Ability to champion change and effectively manage the
implementation of new ideas.
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards
Keywords: Arcmed, Danbury , Design And Development Engineer, Engineering , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!