Senior Infrastructure Engineer (17
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Careers - SMS - Senior Infrastructure Engineer (17) in
Montgomery, Alabama - Careers at Maxwell Gunter Air Force Base Skip
- Digital Transformation
- Our Story
- Contract Vehicles
- Careers Corporate Headquarters 1751 Pinnacle Drive, 12th Floor
McLean, VA 22102-3881 Phone: (703) 288-8100 Toll-Free: (800)
331-1767 Fax: (703) 356-6151 Contact Us Logistics and Distribution
22923 Quicksilver Drive, Unit 113 Dulles, VA 20166 Phone: (703) 288
8163 CMMI Level 3 DEV & SVCS - ISO 9001:2015 - ISO 20000-1:2011 -
- Disclaimer Careers - SMS - Senior Infrastructure Engineer (17) in
Montgomery, Alabama - Careers at Maxwell Gunter Air Force Base Skip
to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable
cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features
of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome
page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Senior
Infrastructure Engineer (17) Job Locations US-AL-Montgomery Job ID
2020-3433 # of Openings 1 Clearance Requirement S Education
Requirement Bachelor's Degree Certifications Security + CE, CCNA
Experience Level Mid-level 8570 Compliant IAT 2 Overview SMS is
looking for a dynamic individual to join our infrastructure
management team at Maxwell Air Force Base - Gunter Annex in
Montgomery, AL. Our team supports the Air Force Intranet Control
(AFINC) Program for the 26th Network Operations Squadron (26 NOS).
As a dynamic systems integrator, SMS offers proven solutions in
engineering, operations, cybersecurity, and digital transformation.
With expertise in modernizing and optimizing legacy infrastructure
and systems, ensuring operational efficiency, and designing,
implementing, and managing secure environments, SMS supports
business and mission goals with proficiency, quality, and
integrity. SMS has been serving the advanced information technology
needs of the federal government since 1976, delivering talented
teams and innovative, cost-effective solutions and services to
support our customers' missions for more than 40 years. SMS is
headquartered in McLean, Virginia, with offices and on-site
operations at customer locations throughout the United States. For
additional information on SMS, visit-- www.sms.com . Submit your
resume today! Responsibilities
- Manages the AFINC network and telecommunications
infrastructure. Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and
wireless communications systems. Maintains telecommunications
equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and
associated wiring. Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and
electrical schematics. Tests, locates, and repairs equipment
problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine
maintenance. Verifies work order information and receipt of all
necessary equipment and information.
- Performs all infrastructure support for the program to include
cabling, infrastructure, patch panels, racks, cable ladders.
- Performs installation, maintenance and repair of
- Experience in complex telecommunications architectures
providing implementation and sustainment of networking
- Performs installation, troubleshooting, incident resolution and
sustainment of local- and wide-area networking hardware, software
- Responsible for installation and configuration of WAN and LAN
hardware to include voice, video, and data cable systems.
- Maintain compliance with QA standards as well as ensuring
service performance indicators are met or exceeded.
- Manages the gateway, routers and switches for the AFINC
program. Resolves network problems; operate network analyzers, WAN
test equipment, and network simulators.
- Monitors data or voice system networks for various messages,
alarms, or issues.
- Executes scheduled maintenance routines in accordance with
- Identifies issues or problems and resolves as appropriate;
escalates when necessary.
- Designs, engineers and implements associated projects. Primary
Focus on overall Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Performs and or assists in installation, tier-2 and tier-3
troubleshooting, and support of local- and wide-area network
hardware, software and applications to include voice, video, and
data cable systems. Performs maintenance of network, servers, voice
and video hardware. Maintains the operational usage of the video
suites. Ensure specific performance indicators are met or
- Coordination of system maintenance, monitoring and installation
of multiple WAN/LAN environments encompassing multiple
specializations, platforms and technologies.
- Assist implementation of enterprise system-wide network
solutions / capabilities / enhancements to support customer
business/mission goals and objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network media and components.
- Monitor health and performance of the network including
hardware and management software and take corrective actions as
- Assist with execution of test plans and supporting
documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or
revisions before implementation.
- Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures,
ensures compliance with all Government policies.
- Provide operation and sustainment administration and services
for day to day operation, maintenance (preventative, corrective,
and perfective) of cable plant, and network and communications
equipment and configurations.
- Maintain accountability of network hardware, software, spares,
test equipment and other related infrastructure components.
- Travel to secondary sites as required performing network
equipment maintenance and upgrades. Qualifications
- Security Clearance
- Secret. Required 8570/8140 Certifications:
- Security + CE
- ITIL v3 Foundations Education:
- HS or GED (required) Bachelors or greater (preferred)
- 4+ years related technical experience in Network and Transport
technologies, tools, and techniques.
- 2+ years of experience with large-scale enterprise/global
networks in a high paced diverse environment.
- Practical experience with CISCO and Juniper, switches, routers,
Cryptographic devises, VPN and VPN client.
- Experience with Network analysis tools (CISCO Network Analysis
Modules, Solar Winds Network Management, OPNET NetOne, HP Network
- Experience with CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security
- Demonstrated experience with supporting IP services to connect
to NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and JWICS (IPv4, VPN, IPv6, Multicast, QOS,
SDN, SNMP, VOIP, VTC).
- Experience with EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and multicast. Required
- Ability to work independently with little direction and
- Ability to work weekends and evening hours (swing or mid
shift). SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.-- Options Apply for
this job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry
the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Danbury , Senior Infrastructure Engineer (17, Engineering , Montgomery, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!