Desktop Support Engineer (Level 2
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 23, 2021
nscglobal - Careers - Desktop Support Engineer (Level 2) in
Danbury, Connecticut - Careers at NSC Global Skip Branding Who we
are What we do Case studies Our partners Work with us Contact us
WORK WITH US WITH YOU ON OUR SIDE
ANYTHING'S POSSIBLEWe provide a top quality service for our
clients, so we always need the very best people to join our
team.People who are willing to do more, go further and get the job
done. Who we are Our people Our story Our values Charities What we
do Supplying your technology Managing your infrastructure Managing
people Transforming your business Supporting your operations
Securing your future Our partners OEM technology partners Global
partner management Partner selection Continuous improvement Work
with us Meet the team Other Case studies Contact us ----Copyright
- Careers - Desktop Support Engineer (Level 2) in Danbury,
Connecticut - Careers at NSC Global Skip to Main Content Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Desktop Support Engineer (Level 2) Posted
Date 4 days ago (02/16/2021 13:19) ID 2021-11291 Position Type
Temporary (Full Time) and Non-Exempt Department PS - Technical
Location US-CT-Danbury Overview NSC Global is currently looking for
a--Desktop Support (3 months)--to join our growing company. NSC
Global provides global network implementation and support solutions
to world-class organizations, delivering cost savings and
operational simplicity. Our goal is to partner with world-class
enterprises, helping them become more agile, create commercial
advantage and build quality through design, deployment, support and
management of their global IT communications. NSC Global is a US
Cisco Global Gold Certified Partner with a corporate headquarters
in London, UK and a US headquarters in New York, NY.--Please review
our website at--www.nscglobal.com --for more information on our
organization. POSITION: Desktop Support-- JOB TYPE: Temp (W2) 3
months with NSC Global
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY Responsibilities Maintains, analyzes,
troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer
peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware
and software systems. Supports and maintains user account
information including rights, security and systems groups. May
require an associate's degree in a related area or 5+ years of
experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a
variety of the fields' concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies
on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a
variety of complicated tasks. Typically reports to a project leader
or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Position Description :
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone
and work orders in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information,
including name, department, contact information, and nature of
problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when
required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request
problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful
decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and
frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and
supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including
installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and
configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of
the position Qualifications Knowledge & Experience :
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Microsoft,
and Mac OS X
- Extensive application support experience.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on
rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills. Personal Attributes :
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing
issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
environment. Soft Skills :
- Thought Process: Able to understand technical concepts and can
develop ways to help others learn. Ability to solve complex
problems with innovative solutions. Ability to manage multiple
priorities. Ability to quickly and proactively gain an
understanding of the client's business problems and deliver
solutions and recommendations to solve.
- Interpersonal: Excellent customer service, technical,
organizational, and communication skills -- in person and on the
phone; effective listening and team orientation. Able to persuade,
influence and negotiate with staff and vendors in critical
situations. Able to motivate others and work cooperatively in a
group to achieve common goals.
- Physical: Able to sit at a desk and grasp writing instruments.
Able to manipulate fingers to perform keyboard strokes on a
computer. Mobile between buildings. Must also be able to lift 40lbs
without issue and move it from under a desk to a cart and vice
versa. Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job
to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly
at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share
on your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Danbury , Desktop Support Engineer (Level 2, Engineering , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!