Network Engineer - Manager
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Cartus Job Description - Network ArchitectPosition SummaryThis
position is part of the Cartus IT Network Group. The candidate will
be responsible for managing the Network Group, implementing change
management and ongoing maintenance of parts of the networking
infrastructure for the WAN, DMZ and Internet Edge of the Cartus
global, geographically diverse network and site presence. An
in-depth understanding of high availability, disaster recovery,
multi-site architecture, data center design, virtualization,
network and network security, bandwidth design, firewalls,
load-balance and traffic management technology is a must. The
individual should be able to define strategy, system requirements
and architecture by working with server, storage, network,
database, application architecture and other teams as applicable.
The role requires the ability to provide strategic and
architectural guidelines to leadership as it relates to general
networking and network security.Key Competences
- Technical - The candidate must demonstrate an in-depth
understanding of IP networking including routing, switching and
addressing concepts. They must have operational and deployment
experience of firewalls and have been exposed to VPNs on those
platforms. Preference for candidates who have solid experience with
current Checkpoint firewalls and IPS platforms. Pluses include any
experience in the following areas: Performance Monitoring, WAN
optimization, DMZ deployment environments, Linux and network
- Critical Thinking - Candidates must demonstrate the ability to
learn quickly, be able to solve problems independently, make well
- Security Standards - Must be a proponent of a monitored
environment, promote adherence to processes and standards
encompassing data and infrastructure security. They must be
comfortable working within a change management system and
demonstrate a proactive approach to life cycle management.
- Communications Skills - Must be effective with oral and written
communication and be able to present complex technical concepts in
an informative way to non-technical staff. They must be prepared to
produce business presentable documentation for all change and
project related work as required.
- Project Management - Must be organized, self-sufficient and
have the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Must have the ability to co-ordinate with other teams to ensure
that project workflow is effectively communicated.
- Leadership and Team Management - Taking lead in managing the
network team, setting goals, building capabilities, coaching and
providing feedback, driving change and innovation.Responsibilities:
- The candidate will manage the Network Group including providing
team members with career development guidance, assignment and
prioritization of workload, performance reviews, personal and
professional development coaching and all other aspect of personnel
- Responsible for periodically organizing and driving the
evaluation of the architecture and the plan for future enhancements
of the network environment.
- Responsible for taking a lead role in overseeing active
projects including but not limited to developing plans and
schedules, interfacing with vendors, training personnel, the
acquisition of hardware/software and team management.
- Creates best practice technical architecture models utilizing
knowledge of industry and technical trends.
- Identifies and evaluates technical architecture to ensure
solutions satisfy business requirements and performance goals.
- Administer complex FW and IPS rule bases under change
- Create/drive documentation - diagrams, policies and procedures
for newly deployed systems and review on yearly basis.
- Product lifecycle support for the platforms owned by the group
including active monitoring for new patches, releases and hotfixes.
Work with vendors as required.
- Own and deliver large scale projects across multiple geographic
- Work closely with the various regional operations teams to
ensure that the networking environment is actively monitored and
any issues are addressed as quickly as possible.
- Participate in an On-Call rotation and be available for out of
office hours support when needed.
- Work with approved vendors when ordering equipment, services or
- Work with vendor support teams to resolve technical issues as
required. Responsible for global support in geographically diverse
- Audit and review all system logs for issues and remedy or
escalate as needed.
- Lead role in Disaster Recovery activities owned by the
- 10+ years overall experience including:
- Experience working with technical trends to assess the future
direction of technology.
- Ability to design large multi-site network infrastructure for
- 4+ years in Designer/Architect/Team Management role is
- 6+ years in lead technical and/or architectural roles.
- Solid IP and routing/switching networking knowledge is
- Extensive experience with firewall deployments, maintenance and
- In-depth understanding of site-to-site based VPN deployments
and issue diagnostics.
- Advanced knowledge of high-availability designs for firewall,
IPS, VPN and cloud networking.
- Advanced knowledge of performance monitoring platforms and
capacity planning concepts.
- Very good knowledge of cloud networking and infrastructure
concepts, Azure and Amazon Web Services is highly preferred.
- Critical thinking capability and ability to work on your own
and within diverse teams.
- Advanced working knowledge of enterprise networking including
techniques, approaches, processes, and security.
- Advanced knowledge of the use cases and application of the
below platforms is a significant plus: Riverbed WAN Optimization
and F5 BIG Traffic Management.
- Very strong understanding and preferably experience in
designing, deploying and operating global WiFi solutions.
- Understanding of project management methodologies along with
excellent project scoping, tracking and completion skills are
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively work
with IT department personnel, vendors, consultants, and internal
- Proven experience utilizing critical thinking skills and
analyzing information accurately to make sound decisions.
- Solid understanding of monitoring, roadmap development and
capacity planning techniques and methodologies.
- Strong focus on security with excellent understanding of the
modern IT threat landscape and approaches to risk mitigation.
- Effective project management skills including the abilities to
pay attention to detail, retain poise under pressure and focus on
meeting deadlines through a combination of interpersonal
flexibility, thoroughness, delegation and self-motivation.
- An ability to design, architect and upgrade large complex
infrastructures, as well as leverage both proven and innovative
technology approaches to solve challenging business problems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience is critical.#LI-GM1Employment
TypeFull-timeCompanyCartusAbout UsRealogy is a global provider of
real estate services with a singular mission: We serve agents. This
strategy is aimed at growing the base of high-performing
independent sales agents at our company-owned and franchisee
brokerages, providing services to make them more productive and
their businesses more profitable.While you won't see our name on
For Sale signs, you will see those of our industry-leading brands:
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate, Century 21, Citi Habitats,
Climb Real Estate, Coldwell Banker Real Estate, Corcoran, ERA
Franchise Systems and Sotheby's International Realty to name just a
few. Our four business units work together to provide a
full-service solution to meet the needs of agents and their
homebuying clients, from the initial listing until the keys are
turned over.Realogy was recently designated a Great Place to Work--
for the second consecutive year, recognizing the company's
commitment to providing meaningful work and an environment where
employees can grow and succeed. Realogy has 16,600 offices and
approximately 302,000 affiliated brokers and agents worldwide.
We're the leader in residential real estate sales, with $6.1
billion in revenue in 2018, nearly 1.4 million real estate
transactions and approximately 16 percent of market share of the
U.S. residential real estate market. We're there to serve agents
who help people find and buy houses, move, and finance their
dream.Cartus, the market leader in global mobility, offers a full
spectrum of global relocation services including outsourced
relocation services, consulting, and language and intercultural
training, guiding clients through thousands of moves, large and
small, unique and complex. Cartus' industry-leading Real Estate
Assistance Programs for financial institutions, associations,
membership organizations and corporations introduce customers to
nationally recognized brokerages with the Cartus Broker Network.For
more than 60 years with offices and employees around the globe,
we've helped more than 4 million relocating employees and their
families find their way to new homes, new communities, and new
experiences in more than 185 countries. In 2018, we helped transfer
approximately 171,000 corporate employees, expatriate assignees,
and affinity members into and out of 150 countries.EEO StatementEOE
Keywords: Cartus, Danbury , Network Engineer - Manager, Engineering , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!