Company: Nuvance Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and
outpatient locations - Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital,
Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern
Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers
Medical Center in New York - plus multiple primary and specialty
care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a
leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices.
Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the
Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and
the Home Care organizations.
Provides clerical support, coordinates general unit activity and
communicates clearly with all disciplines. Assists with patient
care activities and other tasks on the unit.
1. Assesses and performs clerical needs of the unit & unit
management in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent & continuous
2. Answers phones, call bell and interacts with visitors, patients
& staff members in an efficient & courteous manner.
3. Provides input to charge nurse/clinical leader/manager with unit
4. Organizes and maintains patient records.
5. Manages and maintains various unit supplies within budgetary
6. Prepares and maintains charts for all patients insuring
confidentiality for patients & their families at all times.
7. Provides care appropriate to the age of the patients served on
his/her assigned unit.
8. Formulates and uses effective working relationships with all
health care team members & patients.
9. Maintains a safe and orderly work environment.
10. Follows WCHN standards of service excellence.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to prioritize
Minimum Experience: six months
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Full time
Standard Hours: 40.0
Work Shift: variable start between 9am and 11 am
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Little or no potential for occupational risk
* Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
* Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a
disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such
assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview,
please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable
accommodation requests only). Please provide all information
requested to assure that you are considered for current or future
Keywords: Nuvance Health, Danbury , Unit Secretary/Coordinator, Administration, Clerical , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!