Medical Secretary B
Company: Nuvance Health
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and
outpatient locations - Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital,
Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern
Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers
Medical Center in New York - plus multiple primary and specialty
care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a
leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices.
Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the
Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and
the Home Care organizations.
Provides secretarial support to department ensuring accuracy of
1. Ensures accuracy of patient's information.
2. Enters demographic information into computer.
3. Organizes and performs the general functions of the office:
filing, typing, schedule patient testing as required, and pre-cert
testing as needed.
4. Answers the telephone and gives information to callers,
schedules appointments and routes calls or contacts appropriate
staff to assure that effective communication occurs.
5. Types information from notes to produce documents relating to
the patients, physicians, or the office management.
6. Monitors customer satisfaction and outcomes in conjunction with
the office and medical staff. Resolves problems and measures
7. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Data entry and MS Word required.
Minimum Experience: one year
Desired: Prefer previous work experience in the medical field. A
knowledge of medical insurance, managed care plans and the medical
referral process is preferred.
Location: Danbury-70 Main St
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: Your shift will vary between 7:30am-5pm
Org Unit: 232
Department: Adult Health Center
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Little or no potential for occupational risk
* Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
* Generally pleasant working conditions.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a
disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such
assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview,
please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable
accommodation requests only). Please provide all information
requested to assure that you are considered for current or future
Keywords: Nuvance Health, Danbury , Medical Secretary B, Administration, Clerical , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!