Posted on: March 16, 2023
Under the supervision of the Head of Internal Audit Americas /
Senior Audit Manager / Project Manager: Performs worldwide, with
focus on North America, independent, objective assurance and
consulting activities in order to add value and improves the
organization's operations and monitors the compliance of the risk
management system and continuous improvement of the systems in
- Identify and assess fundamental economic risks within the area
of responsibility ensuring the sustainable commercial success of
- Monitor the reliability and effectiveness of management and
other controls in the area of responsibility
- Provide independent, pragmatic advice and defining adequate
preventative and protective measures
- Continuous monitoring of the efficiency of all business
processes and procedures
- Monitor Global Business Controls in consultation with the Head
of Audit Americas Hub
- Evaluate savings potentials and definition of action plans to
achieve the defined objectives
- Monitor the implementation of the submitted proposals and
- Participating in the coordination of audit contents, objective
and schedule in order to ensure an efficient accomplishment of the
audit, together with the department(s) audited.
- Gathering, analyzing and evaluating audit relevant data prior
to the start of the audit in order to improve the result and the
quality of the audit under the professional guidance of the audit
- Supporting the senior / project manager conducting the
introductory meeting in order to ensure a common understanding of
the objectives and proceedings of the audit as well as a good
cooperation with all parties concerned in the audited unit.
- Analysis and evaluation of processes of particular,
individually audited topics within the scope of the audit
conducted, at the same time development of proposals for process
improvements and risk minimization, under the guidance of the
senior / project manager.
- Supporting the senior / project manager in the preparation of
information to the responsible process owners and the management of
the audited unit about the audit results after the completion of
the audit in order to ensure that the audit results are implemented
immediately or in the near future, and to ensure a climate of
cooperative team-work with the audited unit.
- Preparation of the final audit report in respect of
individually audited topics in cooperation with the senior /
project manager, in order to inform the board and other members of
the management of the business segment and the audited division, as
well as to ensure the implementation of all audit results after the
final consultation regarding the content with the responsible
representatives of the audited unit.
- Participating in the control of the implementation of all audit
results in order to ensure the improvement of the profitability of
the unit audited; In case of problems, with the support of the line
- In case of individually conducted audit topics, calculation and
assessment of evaluation approaches and bookkeeping-records in
order to ensure generally accepted accounting standards within the
year-end reporting of The Linde Group and the timely detection of
negative/unfavourable developments within individual business
units, under the guidance of the senior / project manager and in
coordination with the line manager.
Educational Requirements / Experience
- Master's Degree in business administration or a related field
(a higher degree is an asset)
- At least 2 years postgraduate experience
- Due to the international shape of the Linde Group, the Auditor
should be multilingual (English and Spanish (or Portuguese); any
further language is an asset).
- Basic knowledge of the accounting principles as defined in
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and techniques of
accounting and of financial records and transactions.
- Understanding of the principles and application of good
corporate governance, KonTraG, business and operational risk and
control processes and procedures
- Knowledge of other regulations affecting businesses
- Under supervision: able to support special audits or
investigations including due-diligence work, post-acquisition
reviews and fraud investigations.
- Ability to gain the confidence and respect of management and
staff through attributes such as professionalism and positive
- Ability to gather, analyse, and evaluate facts, and prepare and
present concise oral and written reports.
- Knowledge of International Auditing Standards.
- Experienced in use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to maintain and update company audit relevant
standards, guidelines, procedures, checklists, and dedicated
- Able to write complete, concise, logical, well laid-out reports
- Competent to give confident oral presentations to management or
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
*Role will be filled at a salary/level commensurate with
Keywords: Linde, Danbury , Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...