Director of Finance and Operations
Company: Government Finance Officers of Connecticut
Posted on: January 26, 2023
- Directorof Finance and School Support Services JobID: 4838 -
- Position Type: Administration
- Date Posted: 6/24/2021
- Location: Beaver Brook AdministrativeCenter The Director of
Finance and Support Servicesis responsible to the Superintendent of
School for the administration of thefinancial and support services
of the District so as to enhance the bestdelivery of educational
services with the financial and support resourcesavailable. -
REPORTS TO: Superintendentof Schools
SUPERVISES: Assistant tothe -Finance Director, Director of Sites
and Facilities including Security,Coordinators of Transportation
and Food Services.
I. Management of Financial Affairs
- Supervises the management of the financial affairs of the
District andthe schools.
- Assumes responsibility for budget development and control.
- Develops long-range financial plans for the District and
preparesalternative financial scenarios to aid in financial
- Plans and implements a school and program cost center accounting
systemfor both general and grant operations which will facilitate
systematic costanalysis, program -evaluation, planning and priority
- Develops, monitors and oversees a continuous process of
internalcontrols and auditing for expenditure review.
- Develops a systematic and on-going program related to achieving
costcontainment, avoidance and effectiveness.
- Oversees the financial administration of State and Federal
- Coordinates the implementation of financial software for the
- Oversees the performance and evaluation of the -Finance
Departmentoperations team with responsibility for -Payroll,
Accounts Payable, andGrant Management.
- Prepares periodic financial and operational reports to keep
theSuperintendent and Board of Education informed about the
financial andoperational affairs of the district.
II. Purchasing Role
- Directs and coordinates all purchasing, leasing, contracting,
biddingand receiving for supplies, materials and equipment.
- Maintains inventory control and efficient warehouse procedures
- Assumes responsibility for making recommendations to the
Superintendentfor support services contracts to be entered into by
the Board of Education.
- Completes, on an annual basis, an inventory of all school
equipment,supplies and property.
III. Sites and -Facilities, including Security
- Oversees the operations and maintenance of all District
facilities inorder to assure maximum educational utilization, as
well as a healthful,comfortable and safe environment for pupils and
- Oversees staffing levels, performance assessment and discipline
-ofcustodial and security staff as required.
- Monitors the planning, implementation and supervision of a
program ofschool plant management.
- Develops capacity studies based on enrollment projections and use
- Oversees Coordinator of Security to insure the security of all
buildings andsafety of staff and visitors.
IV. Contract Management
- Monitors the overall operation and maintenance of the school
buses toinsure safe and economical transportation for children.
Investigates transportationrequests of parents and resolves
- Monitors the operation of the school food services program by
providingthe necessary facilities and equipment in the operation of
the school lunchprogram in close cooperation with those staff
members or leaseesassigned to this service.
- Negotiates and finalizes contract negotiations with vendors
foressential products, goods and services in the District.
- Prepares financial analysis of material requested for use in
laborcontract negotiations and serve as a member of the negotiating
V. General Administrative Role
- Serves as liaison to departments in the City of Danbury on
Financialand Support Services matters. Works closely with retained
lobbyist toConnecticut's General Assembly, along with the Danbury
delegation, to identifylegislative needs, to understand state and
local funding opportunities, and toupdate the Superintendent and
Board of Education about important legislativeactivity related to
school funding and operations.
- Evaluates the quality and effectiveness provided through the
financeand support operations, recommending structural and
operational changes thatcan contribute to heightened efficiency and
- Administers all local, State and Federal policies and regulations
thatpertain to the finance and support operations of the
- Attends Board of Education meetings, Finance and
FacilitiesSub-Committee meetings as needed, prepares reports and
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the
- A minimum of aBachelor's degree required; Masters degree
- 3-5 years ofdemonstrated -experience as a School Business
official inConnecticut, with urban experience preferred.
- 5 years of experience inaccounting, finance and business
- Strong knowledge of businesslaw and practices of governmental
- Operational knowledge ofInfinite Visions/Tyler Technologies,
Frontline, and Powerschool productspreferred.
- State of CT certification inSchool Business Administration
(085) required. Additional certificationin Intermediate
- Two current letters ofrecommendation from direct supervisors
Working Conditions: This is a exempt full time, twelvemonths per
Salary: A competitive salary and benefits packagecommensurate with
qualifications and experience. General salary
All applicants must apply online at www.danbury.k12.ct.us
Keywords: Government Finance Officers of Connecticut, Danbury , Director of Finance and Operations, Accounting, Auditing , Danbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!