Company: LEAR CORPORATION
Posted on: February 22, 2021
NATURE OF WORK: This is mid-level professional and responsible
work providing assistance to the Plant Controller on accounting
related issues such as providing assistance with month end
closings, preparing financial statements, forecasting, cost
accounting analysis, budgeting, overseeing accounts payable,
preparing annual financial plans, issuing monthly financial
statements, and maintaining sub-ledgers. EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
(The following duties are typical for this classification. However,
any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do
the examples cover all of the duties which may be performed.)
- Assists the plant controller in directing Lear Montgomery's
functions to include establishing and maintaining its accounting
principles, practices, and procedures.
- Analyzes financial data to assist in the preparation and
evaluation of budgets and other financial operating reports and
present findings and recommendations to appropriate personnel.
- Reviews detailed monthly expenditures reports for each
department, prepares adjusting entries using the general ledger,
and audits reports for coding errors and duplicate payments.
- Monitors accounts payable and accounts receiving to ensure that
all A/R billing and A/P invoicing has been posted for month
- Conducts a variance analysis of actuals/budgets of financial
- Responsible for financial reporting; reporting and analyzing
financial information for internal and external users.
- Updates the plant controller of the preliminary monthly
results, provides potential adjustments, and finalizes
- Analyzes and reviews the monthly financial data to ensure
process was completed properly.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of summary analysis on
departmental results that accompany monthly reporting
- Reviews the monthly balance sheet and analysis and make
comparisons of past in order to accurately forecast future
- Reviews system generated monthly cash flow statement in order
to gauge the position of Lear Montgomery.
- Responds to inquiries regarding the review and filing process
for the documents.
- Serves as the primary contact for external auditors to include
establishing timelines, resolving audit issues, providing
information to auditors when required, and disseminating
information to relevant personnel.
- Ensures requirements pertaining to accounting and disclosures
- Reviews corporate accounting memoranda to ensure accuracy.
- Generates monthly journal entries to the general ledgers.
- Suggests processes, and reporting and documentation
improvements to streamline work.
- Researches and resolves accounting issues with financial and
- Reviews and posts journal entries and ensures monthly account
reconciliations and analyses are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintains all ledgers and sub ledgers to ensure accuracy of all
- Prepares daily cash management reports and bank
- Reviews accounts payable, payroll, cash receipts, credit and
collections, trade, accounts receivable and various billing
- Ensures all financial deadlines and due dates are met in a
timely manner to include the monthly financial close, customer
billing, sales tax returns, vendor payments, and employee
obligations (i.e., paychecks, terminations and expense
- Develops a rapport with other departments in order to
effectively complete assigned tasks.
- Provides recommendations to the plant controller pertaining to
the continuous improvement of accounting controls and other
financial and administrative practices and procedures.
- Assists with the establishment, implementation, and maintenance
of accounting systems that comply with generally accepted
accounting principles, tax requirements, and management reporting
- Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance
of budgeting, general and cost accounting systems, as well as the
preparation of financial and management reports.
- Assists in the analysis, preparation, and presentation of
financial reports and statistics to management and outside
- Ensures that record systems and procedures are maintained in
accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and
- Coordinates activities in the preparation of periodic audits by
external and internal entities. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(USGAAP) as they apply to financial reporting.
- Knowledge of the Financial Accounting Standards Board rules and
regulations as they apply to financial reporting and
- Knowledge of federal, state, and municipal laws and statutes as
they apply to financial reporting.
- Knowledge of payroll procedures as needed to direct payroll
- Knowledge of SOX requirements as needed to ensure
- Ability to plan, monitor, and review the work of accounting and
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial and accounting
records as needed to make reporting decisions.
- Ability to prepare accurate and complete financial
- Ability to communicate orally with department heads, auditors,
and supervisor. PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Physical Ability to make fast, simple repetitive movements of
the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Physical Ability to lift, carry, and/or move objects weighing
up to 20 pounds.
- Physical Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Physical Ability to see, hear, and speak as needed to recognize
and investigate discrepancies.
- Physical Ability to concentrate on a given tasks and not be
distracted. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing to work extended periods of time and
alternating shift hours.
- Must be willing to work on weekends, holidays, or shift hours.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a bachelor's degree in a related
and 3-5 years of consistent experience in an accounting related
Keywords: LEAR CORPORATION, Danbury , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Montgomery, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!